Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 16, 2012

Here's the "Skinny" on My Weekend

This weekend was very eventful. Friday Night was J's birthday so we went out to dinner and to see a local band with some of our good friends. I was a little nervous about it considering historically the weekends are where I gain the most weight. Over all, I did rather well. I ate half of a very large grilled chicken salad with vinaigrette dressing. I had one glass of wine with dinner, and one light beer later. I was surprised at the self control I had. Here are a few pics from the festivities...






We had loads of fun, but boy was a tired and ready to get home to bed. Saturday was a pretty relaxing day. We ventured out for the NC State vs Wake Forest basketball game with some friends, but the rest of the day was spent on the couch relaxing. One of my Saturday weaknesses was none other than Welch's Fruit Snacks.






 I crave these, and I keep them in the house so I will not be tempted to eat other junk that I REALLY want. Saturday was interesting though. I ate a TON of these. I could not get enough. But that was pretty much all I ate. Needless to say, my stomach was torn up. I know, I know... this was not healthy! I mean, they are Fat Free people, and very few calories, and made with "real" fruit... but still!  I was just in a snack food mood. I could not make myself eat a meal, and this lasted up until Sunday evening. I finally ate a lean Pork tenderloin and some mixed veggies. It was delicious. Now, when I weighed in on Sunday I was down to 143.8, but as of this morning I was back up to 145.0. :(   Overall, I am proud of my weekend. 

My Week has started off with a bang!!  I have drank about 6 bottles of water, along with some green tea, and a coke zero here or there. ;)  I had teriyaki grilled chicken and broccoli for lunch, and baked BBQ chicken with green peppers and onions for dinner. It was simple, yummy, and filling. 





Talk about portion control. After looking at this picture, my portion looks so small!!!  But I was satisfied, and that is what counts. While I wish I could change my ticker to 143, I am happy that I am gaining back my old willpower to fight through my cravings to binge and to quit. Now I am off to watch the new series Alcatraz!!! I have been waiting all season for this show!  Talk with you tomorrow, and hopefully I will have some great news!


Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment