Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, December 26, 2011

Thank You Whitney!!!

After a long year and a half away I have finally returned to the blogging world. I last stopped posting the Spring of 2010, and much has changed in my life since then. I moved a to a new state, I started a new job, and I am in a new relationship. The one thing that has not changed is my challenge to stay fit and healthy. I stopped writing when I had reached 148 pounds, and even after blogging I got down to 135 pounds. But after the happiness and contentment of my new relationship mixed with some stressful work situations the pounds crept back on slowly but surely. I maintained my weight for a while, but then my bad habits caught up to me and it literally seemed like it took one week for me to put on ten pounds. It was not long before the work outs ceased, and the self-loathing set in. The "I hate myself" feelings mixed with the "I look Ugly" thoughts took control. I hated that I had come so far in my weight loss just to sabotage my own hard work. Every day that went by I made a promise to myself that "This will be the day! I will start eating right again and working out again today." I kept that promise to myself for about 3 hours of the day, and then I broke and shoved whatever I wanted into my mouth until I was full and uncomfortable. It was a cyclical problem. I would eat because I was down, and then I would get down because of how much I ate. It was never ending!!!  I began re-evaluating things, and thinking back to what I did back when I had lost weight previously. What kept me going??  Then I remembered the encouragement, and strength I gained from blogging. It was therapeutic and motivating. So, I have returned once again. I am ready to share my story of weight loss, health, and life in general.  I hope you will follow me on this adventure, as I attempt to lose these last 20+ pounds. I need all the help and support I can get.

Okay, so why did I title this post "Thank You Whitney?"  Well, Whitney over at http://www.slimmingdownforthegown.com/  continued to comment on my blog after I was long gone. She does not know this, but each time I read her comments, and requests for a come back it gave me that little kick in the rear I needed at the time. Her words of encouragement, and her sweet remarks were ever so needed. I am grateful to her in so many ways for her support. So, THANK YOU WHITNEY! You helped me stay focused, and press on; and you were a BIG reason I returned to writing again.  :)

I am still in the beginning stages of getting the blog up-and-running. I will be posting Before Pics tomorrow evening, and I will be posting my first weigh in tomorrow as well.

I am very excited to re-gain my healthy lifestyle, and lose some major LBs.  Thank you for reading.  Now Let's do this!!!


Allison

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Keelie! Glad to be back, and I can't wait to get caught up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Megan! I appreciate it!

    Glad to be back! Flllow me, and keep me going!

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just about made my entire year to see this post, and it gave me the encouragement to post again myself. I'm excited to read regular posts from you and cheer each other on in the New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete